Comedy Central, the #1 brand in comedy, Superfly, the brains behind Bonnaroo, and Outside Lands co-producer Another Planet Entertainment, announced today that Comedy Central Presents Clusterfest, the three-day comedy and music festival, will return to San Francisco’s Civic Center Plaza and Bill Graham Civic Auditorium Friday, June 21 to Sunday, June 23, 2019. Now in its third year, this epic celebration of comedy and music continues to combine a collection of established and up-and-coming talent performances with immersive fan experiences based on some of the world’s most beloved comedy series – all for a one-of-a-kind, can’t-be-missed event. The talent lineup will be announced in March, followed by ticket pre-sale available exclusively at www.clusterfest.com.
Since 2017, Clusterfest has featured top comedy and music acts like Jerry Seinfeld, Kevin Hart, Tiffany Haddish, Ice Cube, Amy Schumer & Friends, Trevor Noah, Wu-Tang Clan, Salt-N-Pepa, Tig Notaro, Awkwafina and Action Bronson, among many others. Every year Clusterfest entertains with more “first and only” fan experiences that make this festival unlike any other:
- In 2018, headliner Jon Stewart returned to the Bay Area for his first West Coast stand-up performance in more than 15 years.
- For the first time ever, The Lonely Island performed live, bringing out special guests Michael Bolton, Chris Parnell and T-Pain culminating in an exciting debut.
- Live-reads have become a can’t miss hit at Clusterfest. In 2017, Broad City’s Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer led a live-read of Wayne’s World complete with guest stars and live Queen cover band.
- And in 2018 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Spice World, RuPaul’s Drag Race stars performed a live read of the iconic musical comedy.
- Additionally, last year’s Clusterfest gave festival-goers a one-of-a-kind interactive experience with attractions like Arrested Development’s iconic Bluth’s Original Frozen Banana stand complete with a “Never Nude” parade through the festival grounds.
- Fans could also have a drink and grab some grub, like bagged spaghetti, at a full scale recreation of Paddy’s Pub from FXX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, including a surprise drop in from the show’s creator and leading actor Rob McElhenney in 2017.
For additional information visit www.clusterfest.com.
About Comedy Central
Comedy Central gives audiences access to a world of super funny, personally relatable, culturally relevant, and provocative comedy that tells the funny truths of life, every day and everywhere, wherever and whenever they want to laugh. With a global reach of more than 300 million households in over 150 countries, Comedy Central features award-winning late-night, sketch, scripted and animated series, along with stand-up specials and series Connecting with comedy fans through multiple touchpoints, Comedy Central also produces nationwide stand-up events and festivals, boasts a Grammy® Award-winning record label (Comedy Central Records), is a leading provider of comedy content for voice assistants, produces and curates a Global Podcast Network, and operates Comedy Central Radio on SiriusXM (Channel 95). In addition, Comedy Central’s category-leading branded gaming and licensing contribute to one of the most successful home entertainment divisions in the industry.
Superfly is on a mission to shape how the world plays and connects through shared experience. Founded in 1996, Superfly’s expertise is bringing people together at the intersection of culture and commerce through iconic live experiences like Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, Outside Lands, Clusterfest, and Grandoozy as well as for some of the most recognized brands in the world. Superfly’s creative and strategic offering helps brands like Citi, Intel and Google establish and raise their profile and navigate the cultural marketing landscape through programming, design, digital, social and experiential platforms. Superfly is headquartered in New York, with offices in Chicago and San Francisco. Learn more at http://superf.ly/, and follow on Twitter @Superfly, Facebook www.facebook.com/superfly and Instagram @superflypresents.
About Another Planet Entertainment
Since 2003, Another Planet Entertainment (APE) has produced and promoted thousands of events with artists as diverse as Radiohead, Neil Young, Chance the Rapper, Daft Punk, Adele, The Weeknd, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Lorde, Metallica, Bruno Mars, twenty one pilots, Bruce Springsteen, Mumford & Sons, Paul McCartney and Kanye West. Named the Top Independent Promoter (U.S.) by Billboard Magazine in 2015 and 2016 and Top Promoter (Worldwide) in 2017, APE is the exclusive promoter for the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, the Fox Theater in Oakland, the historic Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, The Independent in San Francisco, Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys and operates a private events division, Another Planet Event Group. APE also produces three major annual festivals – Outside Lands (since 2008), Treasure Island Music Festival (since 2007) and Life Is Beautiful (since 2013) in Downtown Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.APEConcerts.com.